Friday 25 January 2013

ELF Maximum Coverage Concealer in Porcelain

 photo ELFMaximumCoverageConcealerinPorcelain_zps98df2e62.png 

I was running out of my trusty Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, so thought I'd add ELF's latest offering to my basket while ordering. You get 20ml for £3.75, which is amazing! I wasn't sure if the lightest shade, Porcelain, would match my skin tone, but it does. It's perfect for the fair skinned among us! I really like the packaging. It's simple, but sleek. It's more hygienic than a doe foot applicator, but you have to be careful not to squeeze too much out because you can't put it back in! The formula blends well, doesn't look cakey, and leaves a dewy finish. Some people may think it would give a matte finish because of the 'oil free' claims, but it doesn't. If you have dry skin, it's great, but you'll have to powder if you have oily skin, like myself. The slight problem I've had with this product is that it creases on my eyelids, even after blotting, priming and powdering. You may be able to avoid this if you let it dry for a few minutes. I don't have the time, or patience, to look down for a few minutes in order to avoid my eyelids creasing though, especially in the mornings! I cannot comment on how long it lasts because I use a primer under my make-up, which I suggest you do too if you want your make-up to apply better and last! The main aspect I look for in a concealer is coverage. This concealer has a medium-high coverage, I would say. Now, this is where I have to disagree with a claim it has. It claims to cover tattoos. How can it cover a tattoo if it can only just cover a blemish? I tested it below:
 photo ELFMaximumCoverageConcealerinPorcelain2_zpsfad5642a.jpg
No, I don't have a rubbish tattoo on my hand - It's just a pen marking for demonstration purposes. The first photo shows just the pen, the second photo shows 1 layer of the concealer, and the third photo shows 5 layers of the concealer. Yes, it has covered well, but I think any product would make a substantial difference with 5 layers on. I also think it would take many more layers to completely cover (it's more noticeable in real life).

Overall, I like this concealer, but don't love it. It could so easily be a great product though, which is annoying! I like the packaging, the amount of product you get, the price, and the coverage is okay. However, I would prefer it not to crease on my eyelids. Also, I think it's an extreme claim to say it covers tattoos. If that's the case, every other concealer I've tried covers tattoos too, with tons of layers!
Will I repurchase? Most likely, if placing an order anyway. I won't actively seek to repurchase it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric