Wednesday 17 April 2013

Superdrug Purchases and First Impressions - New Barry M Nail Art Pens, MUA Power Pout and More


Another beauty haul! Sometimes, I won't buy anything for weeks and weeks, but then I'll place 4-5 beauty orders in one week, like last week (Lush, Fragrance Direct, Superdrug and Real Techniques - Naughty!). 

So, onto the first product in the photo: Garnier's Summer Body Moisturising Lotion (£2.54, normally £5.09). Most for most part, I don't care about expiry dates. I'll have make-up, shower gels and body butters for years, and I'll only throw something away if it smells or looks funny. However, I throw away fake tan more regularly because I'm scared it'll go off and leave me a streaky, orange mess. Also, I'm not a big tanner, and prefer gradual ones over instant ones. So, for all of those reasons, I bought this product! It smells really nice, like apricot yoghurt. I've read a lot of positive reviews, but I've also read some negative ones, so we'll see how this goes.

I then bought MUA's Power Pout in Rendezvous (£3). I've actually already swatched and reviewed this, so you can take a look at that post here. You can also see swatches of 4 of the other shades here. I love them, and the price is great.

The main reason I wanted to order was because of the new Barry M Nail Art Pens (£4.99). At first, I wanted all of the shades (black, white, silver and pink), but then I realised that when I do nail art, I either do polka dots or flowers, and I use a white for them. I also ordered the pink one because it'll go well with so many shades I have, and it was 3 for 2. At first, I was disappointed that you only get 3ml of product, but it should last because you really don't need to use a lot. So far, I'm loving these, and will be reviewing them soon. They are so, so easy to use because you don't need to constantly squeeze the pen. They also don't have a metal nib, meaning they don't drag across your nail. The designs you draw on your nail are flat and dry quickly, which I'm so thankful for. Last month, I said I wasn't going to do nail art for a long time because the designs I did took hours, were thick with polish, and just didn't dry. Another positive point about these pens is that 15 minutes after I tested them out, I had a really hot shower, and the designs stayed put, even without a topcoat. I'm just hoping the polish doesn't dry around the tip and clog them up.

The last product I bought was Barry M's Matt White Nail Paint (Free with 3 for 2, normally £2.99). White base coats are great for neon, sheer or streaky nail polishes, and the bring out the best in a colour. I'm running low on my China Glaze Snow, so thought I'd try this cheaper, more easy to get hold of nail polish.




Have you tried any of these products? Will you be buying the Barry M Nail Art Pens?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric