Saturday 25 May 2013

Beauty Haul - Sinful Colours, Summer Barry M Gelly Nail Paints, Maybelline Mega Plush and More


I handed in my last written assignment yesterday (I just have a photo assignment and an exam left), so decided to go in town and treat myself. 6 nail polishes, I know... but that was me being restrained! I wanted 6 more!


The Sinful Colours stand was full and all the pretty colours drew me in (as well as the £1.99 price tag). I bought Orange Cream, Island Coral, Pistache, and Rise & Shine. They remind me of a fruit salad all lined up like that! I only have two other green nail polishes, and they're blue toned (mint and teal shades), so decided to try Pistache because I don't have anything like it. I bought the peachy coral shades because I just love those kinds of colours. Next time Boots have a 3 for 2 offer on, I'm definitely buying more. I'll be able to get 6 polishes for under £8!


I went into one of my local Superdrugs and saw that they already had the new Summer Barry M Gelly Nail Paints out (they're not meant to be available until next month), so just had to get a couple. I was going to buy the Nail Art Pen in Black (£4.99) anyway (you can see my review of the other shades here), so the 3 for 2 deal came at the right time. I also used my student discount, so I got both nail paints for just over £3. That's just over £1.50 each! Oh, the shades I bought were Guava and Passion Fruit. Guava is a bright turquoise shade, and I actually have nothing like it in my collection. Passion Fruit is a bright orangey red. It's taken the classic red and made it appropriate for Summer. 


Here is a comparison of Passion Fruit and Blood Orange. As you can see, Passion Fruit is a lot lighter.


I also picked up Maybelline's new Mega Plush mascara in Boots for £5.99 (normally £7.99). I needed a new mascara, and always go for Maybelline ones, so thought I'd try their latest offering. I'll let you know how I get on with it!




I'm so glad Sinful Colours have come to the UK. Have you tried any of their shades?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric