Sunday 26 May 2013

New Summer Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Passion Fruit

Natural, flash

I was browsing one of my local Superdrugs on Friday when I came across the new Barry M Gelly Nail Paints. They're not meant to be out until next month, so I was pleasantly surprised. I picked up Guava, a bright turquoise, and this one; Passion Fruit. It's a bright, orange based red. I normally associate reds with Autumn/Winter, but this is very Summer appropriate due to how bright it is. The formula was okay, but it could have been better. It was fairly opaque, but a little streaky at the same time, meaning I had to apply 2-3 coats. 


Here it is compared to Blood Orange (the shade on the right). As you can see, it's lighter and more orange based. Blood Orange isn't even a dark red, so that shows you how it differs from the classic shade.



I'm enjoying wearing this shade. I think it really pops against my pale skin! I'll be posting about Guava soon, as well as a handful of Sinful Colours (haul of them can be found here).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric