Tuesday 18 March 2014

Barry M Gelly in Sugar Apple

Natural
Flash

Barry M's new Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Sugar Apple arrived in the post this morning, and I couldn't wait to apply it. The formula's not as good as the other polishes in the range; it's thinner, and the first coat was very streaky. A second evened most of it out, and a third made it completely opaque. I've seen a lot of people just use two coats, though. So, even though the formula isn't outstanding, I'm pretty smitten with the shade. It's a pastel, yet vibrant, aqua that can appear mint green in certain lights. I have nothing like it in my collection. It's actually very similar to my bedroom walls, so no wonder I was drawn to it! I only wanted this shade from the new Spring Gelly collection, so ordered from ASOS because of the student discount and free delivery, but if you want more than one, they're currently 2 for £6 in Superdrug (and online, with free delivery on orders over £10). I believe the same deal is happening in Tesco, too, and there's a 3 for 2 deal on in Boots. Like always, I haven't tested, or mentioned, wear time because everyone's hands go through different tasks. Most polishes last around 4/5 days on me before showing signs of wear, whereas they may last for 2 days on another, so it really does depend on the person.


Have you bought, or will you be buying, Sugar Apple, Huckleberry, and/or Rose Hip?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric